Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Easy To Get Fashion Dresses!



Hey all you fashion people! So I found something interesting that I was not very aware of. Even my friend was freaking out when I told her about it. But first, fashion marketing. It is like marketing for any other product out there. I did not know that there is so much that goes into it.

“Typical fashion marketing responsibilities include: attending fashion shows and visiting designer showrooms; placing orders for clothing and estimating the amount of inventory needed; arranging for the receiving, storage, and display of merchandise; pricing clothes; designing visual displays and ad campaigns and promotions; consulting with fashion designers and consumers; keeping tabs on profits and losses; maintaining the physical appearance of a store; and hiring and training new employees.”- Robyn Tellefsen

As this description that Tellefsen said in his article Fashion marketing merges psychology and style, it is almost as if running your own small business. They need to keep up with trends or even create the trend. The thing I like about fashion marketing is that they get to go to fashion shows and designer show rooms. I already love looking at clothes. It is another thing when buying them.

So where can we get cheap brand designer clothes? Yeah, there are going to swap meets, going to discount stores rummaging for those second-hand clothes, or bargain stores. But that takes a long time to find something really good and in your size. Besides, where are you going to keep all those clothes that you will barely wear? Also, how do you know those clothes are really legit and not just some knock-offs? (That is when you have to really inquire about their clothes and where they get them.) That is why I am glad I found this article about a website where you can Rent Designer Dresses without the Expensive Price Tag.

This website called Rent-the-Runway has a collection of designer dresses that you can wear to any event or gala. What other good way to also learn about other designers that you just can’t name or do not even know about?! The great thing about it that they send you two different sizes just to make sure the dress you chose fits just right! Jenny Fleiss, co-founder of Rent-the-Runway, said in the article Rent Designer Dresses without the Expensive Price Tag by Laura Jerpi, “There’s no guilt of spending money on something you’re only going to wear once. Everything is only 10% of cost, so you can wear 10 times the number of outfits.”  There are also accessories to rent with them! Because they are designer dresses that they rent out, there is a safety precaution of a $5 insurance fee in case something happens to the dress. So much better than saving a lot of money for a dress you might only wear once.

Now I love clothes, but I am not very familiar with designers because quite simply, I do not follow them or pay attention to them. But this website is like a great way to market for designers to show off their stuff that us lower class people cannot afford. What do I pay attention to? The style. I pay attention to the design and the quality of the materials used in the clothing. Whenever I go shopping, I just look for whatever clothes catches my eyes and fit my style. There are some clothes that I like, but I feel that they do not look good on me. It is okay because I know there are other clothes that are better out there and will fit me perfectly. It is like finding that perfect prom dress that will make you stand out and screams you!

Speaking of prom dresses; for those of you in high school, are you short on money and can’t afford that dress you want?  Well, there is a program that occurs yearly. This program is called the Princess Project. They provide free prom dresses that have been donated by random people who are not in need of them anymore. These dresses are usually new or nearly new, barely used at all. Also, the fun thing is that they prepare goodie bags for you to use to carry your things as you browse. I know this because I have volunteered to prepare for the Princess Project in San Francisco. Too bad I did not get a chance to work with the dresses and browse them.


Now there you have it folks! A couple ways to find dresses you need for that important event you need to attend and looking exceptionally fabulous! Happy browsing and wearing!

4 comments:

  1. Your career choice is very interesting to me. I had little knowledge of what a degree in marketing can do. I find fashion very intersting and because of this post it make me want to change my major all over again just to follow the fashion world. I really enjoyed you writing about Princess Project. It is wonderful that there is people out there helping out young girls in looking fabulous for prom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of this post I registered for rent-the-runway. You sold me on the idea of it, and the site is great! Your career choice, fashion marketing, sounds fascinating and it sounds like you'll never have a dull day in that field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are very interested in both of these topics and already have some experience working with it. They are both great causes and it would be great for you to work with something that interests you like this. Also, this is very informative for people on a budget and it would be great for you to spread the word about both Rent-the-Runway and the Princess Project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I don't know really anything about fashion, I can tell you that this business enterprise looks very promising with a high opportunity for growth. I really think it's a cool idea for women to rent dresses for which they either can't afford to buy brand new, or simply don't think it's practical to buy a dress for a one-time special occasion. Do you watch ABC's Shark Tank on Friday nights? Well a few weeks ago I watched an episode featuring an entrepreneur and former fashion publicist named Jaqueline Courtney, who pitched her "Once Worn" bridal dress business called Nearly Newlywed to the investors (AKA Sharks). Nearly Newlywed offers high fashion frugality to brides to be everywhere. Whether you are a bride or a bridesmaid, Nearly Newlywed has a dress for that special day and claims to offer fashions from top designers. Check out this link below for more information about this rent-and-resale bridal gown business.

    http://www.nearlynewlywed.com/

    ReplyDelete